Emilio “Emo” Cundari, Town Assessor
4949 West Cermak Road
Cicero, IL 60804
(p) 708-656-3600, Ext. 224
Emilio “Emo” Cundari, a certified public assessment officer, has served the town of Cicero as Town Assessor since 2009. Prior to being elected Town Assessor, Cundari served as Director of Community Development since 2005. Before joining the Town of Cicero, Cundari served the State of Illinois for 10 years.
A 1988 graduate of Saint Rita High School, Cundari went on to earn his Bachelors in Political Science in 1992 from DePaul University and his Masters in Public Administration from the University of Illinois at Chicago in 2003. In 2008, he was recognized as UIC’s Alumni of the Year.
While with the Town of Cicero, Cundari organized the Town’s annual “Keep Cicero CLEAN”, a multi-pronged Town-wide safety and beautification program. Cundari also oversaw the administration of the Town’s Neighborhood Stabilization Program. He was also instrumental in securing funding for Cicero residents from the Federal Government for the flooding that occurred in 2009 and 2010.
Cundari has two children, Cara and Dean.
The Assessor’s Office provides many services such as…
- Information and assistance in filing assessed valuation appeal forms through the Cook County Assessor.
- Information and assistance in filing Board of Review appeal forms.
- Filing for Senior Exemption, Senior Freeze Exemption, and Senior Homestead Exemption (ages 65 and over).
- Information about the Homeowners Exemption, which is available to all homeowners regardless of age.
- Assistance to homeowner’s and seniors in completing Certificate of Error forms for any exemptions they did not receive, which may result in a refund.
- Assistance in completing “Circuit Breaker” grants application, which is a grant through the State of Illinois for a rebate on the income of a senior citizen or disabled person.
- Determining the Assessor’s Market Value of property and providing the necessary information to determine if your property is being fairly assessed.
- Verifying exemptions for homeowners.
- Requesting a tax bill change of name and address.
- Checking assessments of land and improvements.
In addition, the Office of the Town Assessor issues master field sheets for the Cook County Assessor on all building improvements in the Town. It files local permit data sheets on any new construction, remodeling or repairs; including those involving wrecks and fire damage. The office provides Permanent Index Numbers (PIN) for properties and keeps duplicate master field card information as to properties where such work was completed.
Assessor’s Office Staff
Chief Clerk/Office Manager
Phone – 708-656-3600 ext. 225
M, T, and Th: 8 A.M. – 6 P.M.
W: 10 A.M. – 8 P.M.
The Chief Clerk serves as the Office Manager in the Office of the Town Assessor and is responsible for working independently and organizing the workload with minimal assistance.
The Chief Clerk is responsible for: supervising all office matters relating to the assessed value of local real estate, maintaining current information on property ownership and assessed valuation, transfers, and other data; filing necessary reports to the Cook County Assessor’s Office; assisting property owners who wish to file complaints, appeals, or exemptions forms; and providing property information to other town departments, property owners, or other citizens.
He/she has considerable control over his/her responsibilities and reports directly to the Town Assessor whose advice and guidance are provided in certain situations.
Phone – 708-656-3600 ext. 228
M, and W: 8 A.M. – 6 P.M.
T, and TH: 10 A.M. – 8 P.M.
Phone – 708-656-3600 ext. 226
M: 10 A.M. – 8 P.M.
T, W, and TH: 8 A.M. – 6 P.M.
The Office Clerk(s) are responsible for: handling matters relating to the assessed value of local real estate; maintaining current information of field map books and a file of all transfer sheets on property sold in the Town of Cicero; assisting property owners who wish to file assessment complaints, appeals or exemption forms, and request tax bill changes of names and/or addresses; maintaining master field sheets for the Cook County Assessor on all building improvements in the Town; filing local permit data sheets on any new constructions, remodeling or repairs involving wrecks and fire damage; providing property information to other town departments, property owners or other citizens.
The Town Assessor’s Office
The Office of the Town Assessor handles matters relating to the assessed value of local real estate. It maintains current information on field map books and a file of all transfer sheets on property in Cicero.
The mission of the Office of the Town Assessor is to efficiently perform the duties relating to property assessment assigned to township assessors by the State of Illinois within the County of Cook, and to thereby effectively serve the residents, property owners, and government of the Town of Cicero.