TOWN OF CICERO
AUSTIN BLVD. REHABILITATION
(PERSHING ROAD TO OGDEN AVENUE)
I. TIME AND PLACE OF OPENING OF BIDS: Sealed Proposals for the improvement described herein will be received at the office of the Town Clerk, Town of Cicero, 4949 W. Cermak Road, Cicero, IL 60804, until 10:00 a.m., June 15, 2020, and will be publicly opened and read at that time, in the Town Clerk’s Office meeting room.
II. DESCRIPTION OF WORK: Street rehabilitation improvements, approximately 4,395 feet (0.832 miles), including hot-mix asphalt surface removal; curb and gutter removal and replacement; sidewalk removal and replacement including ADA ramp construction; frame and grate adjustments; storm sewer structure replacements; leveling binder; hot-mix asphalt binder and surface course paving; pavement markings; parkway restoration; and all appurtenant construction.
III. INSTRUCTIONS TO BIDDERS:
- All work will be in conformance with the “Standard Specifications for Road and Bridge Construction”, dated April 1, 2016.
- Plans and proposal forms will be available for download only from QuestCDN via the Novotny Engineering website, http://novotnyengineering.com, “Bidding” tab, for a non-refundable charge of $30.00. Please contact Novotny Engineering (630-887-8640) to obtain the QuestCDN password.
- Proposal forms are non-transferable. Only those Proposals that have been obtained from, and with the approval of, Novotny Engineering will be accepted at the bid opening.
- Only qualified Contractors who can furnish satisfactory proof that they have performed work of similar nature as Contractors will be entitled to receive Plans and submit Proposals. To meet this requirement, at the request of the Engineer, bidders will be required to submit a “Statement of Experience” consisting of a list of previous projects of similar nature in order to receive Plans. The Owner reserves the right to issue Bid Documents only to those Contractors deemed qualified.
- The Contractor will be required to meet the Town of Cicero Code of Ordinances, Section 2-870 – Local, Minority-Owned, and Women-Owned Business Enterprise Procurement program.
- All Proposals must be accompanied by a Bank Cashier’s Check, Bank Draft, Certified Check, or Bid Bond for not less than five percent (5%) of the total amount of the Bid, or as provided in the applicable sections of the “Standard Specifications”.
- The Contractor will be required to pay Prevailing Wage Rates in accordance with all applicable laws.
- This project will be partially funded by an Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity Grant (IL DCEO).
IV. REJECTION OF BIDS: The Owner reserves the right to reject any or all Proposals, to waive technicalities, and to accept the Proposal deemed to be most favorable to the Owner.
BY ORDER OF:
PRESIDENT & BOARD OF TRUSTEES
TOWN OF CICERO
Maria Punzo-Arias, Clerk