The Fire and Police Commissioners of the Town of Cicero will be distributing applications for testing to create an eligibility list for full time police officer (Probationary) with the Cicero Police Department.
There will be a maximum of 250 applications distributed on a first come first served basis. Application packages may be picked up by applicant only, with identification, from the office of the Fire and Police Commission located at 5410 W 34th St Cicero IL. on Saturday 30 April 2016 between the hours of 12:00 PM and 7:00 PM. Distribution of applications will end when 250 are handed out or at 7:00 PM. A notification will be made by a message distributed on Facebook at Cicero Police and Fire Commission and on Twitter at Cicero PFC when applications are exhausted.
Applications must be completed and returned along with all required documents by applicant only, with identification, to the Fire and Police Commission at the Public Safety Building on Wednesday thru Friday on 11, 12, 13 May 2016, between the hours of 4:00 PM and 8:00 PM.
A non-refundable $50.00 application processing fee, payable to “The Town of Cicero” with a cashier’s check or money order only is due with completed application. No cash or personal checks.
- U.S. Citizen
- Minimum age of 21 and maximum age of 35 at time of application
- Able to speak, read and write English
- Minimum of (30) hours of college credit. (One year active military duty or sworn law enforcement officer accepted in lieu of college credit hours with documentary proof)
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- No criminal background.
Required documents (to be provided with returned application):
- Certified copy of a birth certificate, or official copy of naturalization papers
- Photo Copy of valid driver’s license
- Documentary proof of education as required. College transcript.
- Evidence of military record ( DD 214) if applicable or qualifying LE certificate if applicable (ILETSB).
- Recent color photo (passport size and style/head and shoulders only). Name and DOB printed on back of photo.
The above documents will be required at the time of return of application and will not be returned.
There will be a Mandatory Orientation on 19 May 2016 beginning at 7:00 PM SHARP at the Town of Cicero Community Center at 2250 S. 50 Ave., Cicero, IL. Admittance will not be allowed after 7:00 PM. Those arriving after the deadline will be disqualified from the testing process.
**A calendar of events will be distributed by email after the Orientation.**
THE PROCESS. Qualified applicants are required to attend an orientation prior to the beginning of the testing process.. Further tests; written, physical ability, oral interview will be conducted in order to produce an eligibility list. When an opening exists the person currently at the top of that list will be contacted . If a conditional offer of employment is later made to the applicant, additional tests will then be administered, to include a psychological screening, a polygraph, a thorough background investigation and a medical examination (to include alcohol/drug screening). Failure of any portion of the testing process will result in disqualification from consideration.
Note: Applications must be thoroughly completed. The Commission reserves the right to refuse incomplete or incorrect application packages.
The Town of Cicero is an Equal Opportunity, Zero Tolerance Employer.