Cicero Assessor can help you with your property tax appeal
The Cook County Board of Review is open for accepting appeals from Cicero Township. The Town of Cicero Assessor’s Office can help you complete your appeal application in our office at Cicero Town Hall, 4949 West Cermak, 2nd Floor Assessor’s Office.
We recommend that you call ahead with your information so we can pre-arrange the documents for you at 708-656-3600, ext. 225, 226 or 228.
Leave a voicemail that you want to appeal with info including homeowners name, address and telephone number.
Deadline for filing in person through the Cicero Office is January 19th.
You can also appeal at home, on-line, by following the steps as outlined below:
HOW TO FILE AN APPEAL WITH THE COOK COUNTY BOARD OF REVIEW OFFICE
You may file your appeal online at www.cookcountyboardofreview.com
1. Click on “File an Appeal” on the main screen.
2. You can click on “register” and make an online account with a user name, email, and password or you can click on “Submit Appeal as Guest”. (These instructions are made for the option to Submit Appeal As Guest)
3. Select “Property Over-Assessed” on the first drop down menu. Then enter your 14-digit PIN found on your property tax bill. Click the box for the “Captcha: I’m not a robot”. Click “Next”.
4. If your property has more than one parcel or PIN, click on “Yes” on the drop box and enter the appropriate PINs. Click Submit.
5. Review the autofill information for accuracy, enter phone number and email address and any missing information, and make corrections if necessary. Then click “Next”.
6. If you would like to provide comparable properties to your appeal, enter the 14-digit PINs for the comparable properties in the Notes Page Box. Then click “Next”.
7. Review all the information on the “Confirmation Page” and make any adjustments if needed.
8. Enter your initials on the bottom of the page and click Submit.
9. If you would like to upload any documents with your appeal (i.e.: closing statements, appraisals, photos, etc.) you may do so now. Click “Done”.
10. Your appeal is complete. You should receive an email confirmation of your submitted appeal that you may keep for your records.
All online appeals must be submitted by January 20 before 5:00 pm.
Emilio “Emo” Cundari
Assessor, Town of Cicero