NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
TOWN OF CICERO
2017 LED LIGHTING IMPROVEMENTS
- TIME AND PLACE OF OPENING OF BIDS: Sealed Proposals for the improvement described herein will be received at the office of the Town Clerk of the Town of Cicero, 4949 W. Cermak Road, Cicero, Illinois, 60804 until 10:00 a.m., January 12, 2017, and will be publicly opened and read at that time.
- DESCRIPTION OF WORK: Furnishing and installing LED lighting equipment at designated locations in conjunction with the Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity (DCEO) Illinois Energy Now Grant Program.
- INSTRUCTIONS TO BIDDERS:
- All work will be in conformance with the “Standard Specifications for Road and Bridge Construction”, dated April 1, 2016.
- Plans and Proposal forms may be obtained from the Project Engineer, NOVOTNY ENGINEERING, 545 Plainfield Road, Willowbrook, Illinois, 60527, (630) 887-8640, for a non-refundable fee of $35.00. Proposal forms are non-transferable. Only those Proposals that have been obtained from, and with the approval of, Novotny Engineering will be accepted at the bid opening.
- Only qualified Contractors who can furnish satisfactory proof that they have performed work of similar nature as Contractors will be entitled to receive Plans and submit Proposals. In order to meet this requirement, at the request of the Engineer, bidders will be required to submit a “Statement of Experience” consisting of a list of previous projects of similar nature in order to receive Plans. The Owner reserves the right to issue Bid Documents only to those Contractors deemed qualified.
- All Proposals must be accompanied by a Bank Cashier’s Check, Bank Draft, Certified Check, or Bid Bond for not less than five percent (5%) of the total amount of the Bid, or as provided in the applicable sections of the “Standard Specifications”.
- The Contractor will be required to pay Prevailing Wages in accordance with all applicable laws.
- REJECTION OF BIDS: The Owner reserves the right to reject any and all Proposals, to waive technicalities and to accept the Proposal deemed to be most favorable to the Owner.
BY ORDER OF:
PRESIDENT & BOARD OF TRUSTEES
TOWN OF CICERO
Maria Punzo-Arias, Clerk